Sunday, July 24, 2011

2 Keepers- an Awesome Juicing Day

When it comes to making "Keeper" recipes... well, it helps when you've just gone to the grocery.

Last night I picked up a variety of ingredients for the next few days.  I learned a lot last week, and made varied choices in limited quantities, to ensure freshness and stave off boredom.

The juices made today were particularly delicious.  My sister and I assembled them together-- think of the old adage "two heads are better than one".  She suggested things that I wouldn't normally do, and I did the same.  The results are these two awesome recipes that I think you will make again and again.



Morning Eye Opener

Approx 1/2 Mango
couple chunks pineapple
handful spinach
3 apples
2 clementine oranges
6 carrots
small handful parsley
bunch of cilantro stems
cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
coconut water

Yield:
900 ml juice, 100 ml coconut water: 1000 ml

(2 full servings)
Particularly delicious blend. 


Sunshine in a Glass
'cuz that's what it tastes like
1/2 bunch of kale
4 celery stalks
5 carrots
1 apple
½ small beet
1 lemon, including skin
½ jalapeƱo
¼ bunch parsley
⅓ bunch cilantro
2 tomatoes, seasoning to taste
100 ml coconut water


Yield: 1100 ml (2 servings)

3 comments:

  1. Would love to try these but the photos are covering up how much of each ingredient to use. Would it be possible to see the whole recipes please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quantities are specifically listed next to the photos here in a separate column- I didn't realize there was an overlap in some browsers! I will see about alternate posting of these recipes.

    ReplyDelete