Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fine Tuning Recipes & Raw Veg Juice Restaurant Discovery

Robeks!  They have Fresh Vegetable Juice!

 Yesterday I was running a bunch of errands, knowing that I would have to find something for lunch.  I was resigned to going to Jamba Juice, which is fine, but I really wanted to have VEGETABLE juice, not fruit juice.

I got on my handy dandy Motorola Droid2 (love it!), and quickly discovered that Robek's, another juice chain, makes vegetable juice blends!  Yea!

The Robeks veg juice menu is pictured here.  I had a "Green V", add ginger.





My Dinner Veg Combo

Pictured here is the combination of vegetables I made for dinner.  I am getting better at proportions, as my yield was just over 16 ounces.

I used one clementine orange- peeled, a small handful of parsley, 1 cucumber, 3 carrots, and a couple large leaves of kale.  I rolled the parsley up into the kale when processing.  I also added a little sea salt.  The flavor was balanced and not too bitter or strong.  I have found that adding ice and a splash of water makes many seemingly bitter juices taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment