Sunday, August 7, 2011

Veggie Juice at Whole Foods- and you can customize it!


In the middle of Day 23.  Did a nice grocery shopping this morning before church, so I'm set for a few days!

Yesterday was one of those days when the groceries are running scarce around the house, and you have a 1,000 projects in action.  I have avoided as much as possible buying juice out, but in the early evening I acquiesced and stopped by Whole Foods, the natural grocery store.

Whole Foods has a fresh juice bar, which includes a great assortment of veggies:  kale, spinach, parsley, ginger, celery, garlic, beets, carrots; and a few others I cannot recall.   They have a few mixes of their own on the menu, but the "real deal" is they let you customize your own, and it's all one price.  The 16oz is $6.99 ~ kinda hefta in terms of a glass full of veggie juice, but a lot less than eating out, which I have not been doing, and it kept me on track in terms of my green juice needs.


So, now we have Robeks and Whole Foods, who will juice veggies or fruit for you; and Jamba Juice and Smoothie King, with fruit juices and minimal veggie options.  

All offer wheatgrass shots, and Whole Foods will sell you a tray of wheatgrass for $15.

1 comment:

  1. hi! i just found your blog thru pinterest and i will be a new follower! i have had a blog for about 3-4 yrs now and will be starting a juice fast on january 1 with my husband. i look forward to reading thru your experiences and blogging about my own!

    kandydpierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete