Saturday, August 6, 2011

Don't Try This at Home, Folks!

Boy, I've been underwater busy this week!  It's been my first full week back to work with all the people around, lunches out (I don't go), and more.  Most challenging week ever.  

18 total pounds lost to date (as of Saturday morning)
Finished Day 21 as of end of day Thursday


I have juice for 2 meals a day, and vegetables in some form for the third.  I have added some cooked vegetables to my diet, and started making Miso soup for myself, as I felt a weird craving for it (I was guessing the protein from the tofu?).  All of the ingredients are "approved" for the juicing phase, except the tofu.  I checked the Reboot food list for "After Your Reboot", and the tofu in the Miso soup is on that list.  So I made some and it was awesome.  It adds about 1.5 oz tofu protein to my day.  My weight loss has slowed, likely as a result of adding these things, and insufficient exercise, but I am not going to complain.

Sistah Sandi shared a link with me today, reminding us that Mango Skin is to be Eaten.  So put that in your juicer!


Stupid Juicer Tricks 

A few days ago I performed an ill-advised experiment.  I took my usual apples, and added some cut up fruit, leftover from dinner the night before.  Bad Idea.

As soon as the fruit hit the blade of the juicer, a bunch of it flew out and hit the kitchen cabinets.   I looked inside the waste receptacle and saw that the fruit was not quite unscathed, but certainly not juiced.  

I pulled it out, and juiced the apples.  Then, I added the cut up fruit to the apple juice, and used my immersion blender to blend the fruit in. It was quite tasty!

The photographic record is below:
Fruit before I put it into the juicer
Nothin' but cut up fruit!
 

Juice, before I used
my immersion blender to blend in the cut up fruit
  

No comments:

Post a Comment